Friday, January 3, 2014

Why This Blog? pt. 2 : Ideas & Camaraderie

Over the past few years, as my philosophy and approach to life has become more developed and personalized, i've felt increasingly alone. Most people seem surprised when they hear this. Perhaps when they look at me all they see is "the guy who knows everyone" (this is often how i'm introduced.) Yet the fact remain, most days i feel so painfully alone.

Due to my naturally outgoing personality, the pool of my social life is more than large enough to supply me with people to spend time with. If i ever feel lonely, i have many loving friends, all of them truly beautiful people, who will be there for me. But there are precious few souls i feel a kindred spirit with. I don't think myself any better or smarter than my friends - far from it - but i must be honest in saying that the deep thoughts and ideals of life which consume my energy and passion, seem to be far from the minds of those around me. In this regard, though i love them, i am unable to connect with them about those things which seem to make up a part of my very soul. The connection we have seems somewhat empty, for, having to leave a part of me behind, it's only what's left of me that can connect with them.

I don't know why this is. It could be that, while caring about these issues, most are unsure of how to approach or discuss them. We're not taught to question things. When asked why they're living their life the way they are, most of my friends have no answer other than everyone is living similarly. As with honesty (see pt. 1), it's my hope that in writing about my thoughts and these things which drive me, You'll be encouraged to question, search out, and give voice to Your ideals and way of living.

Perhaps we'll find we have more in common than we
thought and my agonizing feelings of isolation will instead be replaced by the joy of camaraderie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment